- Building up sustainable channels for communication and effective instruments for collaborative research between national programme owners and/or managers aiming at the creation of a Joint Programme on industrial safety.
- Increasing awareness about the importance of research in the field of industrial safety as a major contributor to a dynamic knowledge-based economy and promoting cost-benefit aspects of industrial safety as well as working to strengthen the impact of this research at the EU, national and international levels thus enhancing the competitiveness of European industry.
- Exploiting synergies and avoiding duplications of research and development among the partners of the Consortium and reducing fragmentation of the European Research Area by increased coordination.
- Establishing a Joint Programme of transnational research projects between the involved Member States, materializing in a pilot programme collaborating research projects between the SAF€RA partners and serving as a test bed for the future joint programming..
- Developing and implementing common, joint, strategic activities to establish a durable European network for cooperation between key actors in the field of industrial safety.